The “IT bank” of Armenia continues to introduce technological innovations in the service provision sector, parallelly cooperating with many Armenian and foreign startups and IT companies. This year has been extraordinarily active; first, we heard of Inecobank’s membership to Holland FinTech Company, which was later followed by the Bank sponsoring Sevan Startup Summit 2019, and adding up to this recently we heard the announcement of the Inecobank being an innovative sponsor of the WCIT 2019 IT World Congress.
We talked about these with Mr. Aren Naltakyan, Acting Chief Executive Officer of Inecobank.
– Mr. Naltakyan, being a person who stands close to the IT sector and understands it very well, I would like to ask you for your opinion on WCIT conference being held in Armenia and Inecobank’s cooperation with it.
– We are happy that WCIT IT World Forum, organized by World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA), this year will be held in Armenia under the high patronage of the Government of the Republic of Armenia and with the support of the Union of Advanced Technology Enterprises (UATE). The conference is an important international event that will bring together the world’s leading IT leaders in Armenia. The event contributes to raising Armenia’s awareness and is an excellent platform for local organizations and IT professionals to build good relationships, share their experiences and opportunities, and forge new partnerships. And, of course, it is a great honour for us to be an innovative sponsor of this large-scale conference.
– Why does Inecobank prioritize the participation and support of such an event?
– Technology development is always at the forefront of our focus aimed at enhancing the efficiency of business processes and improving customer service. At the same time, it is of primary importance for us that the technological solutions used by Inecobank are developed in Armenia. Thus, we promote the continuous development of the IT sector in our country. By the way, Inecobank’s investment in IT exceeds 1 billion AMD annually. Therefore, the answer to your question is simple: continuous development of the professional potential of the IT sector in Armenia is essential for us, as it enables us to use this potential more effectively within the country in the face of technological business solutions, which are later applied in the banking system, thus increasing business efficiency and creating value for both the state, business, and society. I am confident that this conference will also provide us with a wonderful opportunity to share experiences and ideas.
– What can the Armenian IT community expect from Inecobank within WCIT?
– As I have already mentioned, we always support the development and advancement of the sector. In some cases, the acquaintances and relationships gained during such events become fertile ground for the exchange of experience and further partnership. By the way, alongside WCIT, we will also be participating in the DigiTech Expo 2019 technology exhibition, which is a tradition for us, where we will also present the Bank’s services to expo visitors. So we are waiting for everyone in our booths with their ideas, solutions or opinions to look forward to sharing ideas on developing the IT sector in Armenia together.